Help EndDD.org and Commit to Ending Distracted Driving Year Long
- "One text or call could wreck it all." Four million crashes per year in North America are caused by driver distraction.
- Faces of Distracted Driving: Casey Feldman Age 21. Produced by her father, attorney Joel Feldman
Promoting Life and Preserving Safety
- The core mission of EndDD.org (End Distracted Driving) is to preserve life and promote safety on a on a large scale through advocacy, education, and action to eliminate distracted driving. EndDD.org is sponsored by the Casey Feldman Foundation, which was established by attorney Joel Feldman, in memory of his daughter, who was killed by a distracted driver in 2009 when she was 21 years old.
Shocking Statistics About Distracted Driving
- 80% of all collisions and 65% of near-crashes are caused by some form of driver inattention
- Cell phone use is attributed to 18% of fatalities in distraction-related crashes. Talking on a cell phone makes a driver 4 times more likely to have a crash or near-crash event.
- Texting slows driver reaction time even more than alcohol.
Distracted Driving Videos Demonstrate This Far Reaching Issue
- Employers: Are your employees distracted drivers? Watch this video taken by a bus passenger using his cell phone. STO Gatineau Bus Driver
- Not only teenagers are distracted drivers. Lisa Mendiola Chapa describes her sister Anna, an adult texting-while-driving, who left behind adult children and a new grandchild. Sister of Texting While Driving Victim Supports McAllen Ban