Kline Legal Group P.L.C.

Insurance Claims

Why is it that whenever you have an accident you immediately get transferred away from your familiar agent to an adjuster you have never talked with before? Doesn't it seem like before the accident you were promised that if any type of calamity or mayhem should occur that you could count on the neighbor-like-response to your requests with your insurance claim? What can you do if you have problems with a Michigan insurance claim?

If it is a matter of getting a fair value for your totaled car you can try the following: (1). Use the website http://www.nada.com/ to see what value your car had on the used car market (adjusters think NADA is a better site than Kelley Bluebook); (2). Search for a similar used cars that are being currently sold by a dealers or private sellers; (3). Use these values and add what you will be charged for sales tax (6% in Michigan) to come up with what you believe is a fair value (insurance companies have to pay sales tax because it is part of the costs of replacing a car - usually the adjuster won't tell you this) (4). Call the adjuster and see if he/she will be reasonable in negotiations; (5). If you cannot get a fair price on your own, then call an attorney to assist you in the claim by either calling the adjuster on your behalf or sending the adjuster a demand letter on lawfirm letter-head. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Contact Kline Legal Group P.L.C.

Kline Legal Group P.L.C.
483 Little Lake Drive, Suite 200
Ann Arbor, MI 48103

Phone: 734-249-6100
Fax: 734-302-7222
Map & Directions

Contact Our Office

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy